Take a Walk. No, Really, Take a Walk
I’m great at making up excuses not to exercise. But it’s hard to make excuses for not walking. It’s free. You can do it anywhere! It’s a great time to share time with your friends and family. (And a great way to get away from those you want to avoid. ☺)
Here are 10 ways to walk everyday:
- Park at the far end of the parking lot. I know everyone suggests this, but do you do it? Yes, it means leaving home a few minutes earlier…. you can do that too.
- Take the stairs, even for a flight or two, then take the elevator.
- Use the restroom on a different floor.
- Make your next meeting a walking one. Tell them LeAnn said so.
- Walk around the block while you wait for your child (instead of dozing off in the car in the sunshine or checking email on your phone.)
- Stroll the length of the mall once before you start shopping. (No buying on this first run.)
- If you have a desk job, set a timer to get up and walk around once every hour.
- Make it a nightly (or daytime) habit to go for an after-meal walk with the family.
- Listen to music when you walk to make the time go faster.
- Pick a buddy to walk with you at a scheduled time to make it more fun and to hold each other accountable.
Ten is a lot. Pick 3 you will do. Start today!
To learn how to create wellness programs for healthier, happier, less stressed, more engaged employees, visit SelfCare for HealthCare™. Contact me today to discuss implementing this powerful program at your facility. Interested in LeAnn Thieman’s keynote speaking, training and workshops? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.