Mind Your Mind!
There is a lot in the media these days about being physically healthy, but what about mental health? And what is it really? Take a deep breath and read this definition from the World Health Organization: Mental health is a state of well-being in which the individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.
That’s a goal we should all shoot for.
Mental health doesn’t mean we’re happy all the time, but that we should be able to function well in our personal, social, and work lives.
Here are 10 tips for taking care of your mental health:
- Practice positive thinking (lots more on that in Chapter 5!)
- Make time for fun.
- Discover something you are passionate about
- Do helpful things for others.
- Set a goal you can achieve…and do it! Then reward yourself.
- “Stop and smell the roses.” Experience the moment.
- Embrace life. Make the most of each day.
- Be kindly assertive. Express yourself.
- Focus on your strengths instead of dwelling on your weaknesses.
- Socialize. Surround yourself with people who like you.
Pick one of these things to do today. Do another tomorrow…then another the next day…then another…
To learn how to create wellness programs for healthier, happier, less stressed, more engaged employees, visit SelfCare for HealthCare™. Contact me today to discuss implementing this powerful program at your facility. Interested in LeAnn Thieman’s keynote speaking, training and workshops? Email email@example.com.